Counterplay Games is looking for a Full-Time Remote position for a Senior Character Technical Artist who is incredibly passionate about character development and pushing the visual fidelity of character art. As a Senior Character Technical Artist, you will be responsible for developing robust Character Systems and tools in the Unreal Engine for game development. We are looking for an individual with experience in character dismemberment and character customization in the Unreal Engine. You will collaborate with a core development team of character artists, engineers, and designers to provide the best possible game character experiences. If you have a strong passion for seeing enemies explode on screen and want to join a passionate development team, then we would love to hear from you!
- Experience in developing and implementing new character systems in the Unreal Engine using scripting (Blueprints, Python, C++).
- Work and collaborate with the character team to formulate, create, and implement production-ready solutions for any character-based needs in Unreal Engine 4.
- Create and maintain documentation for the character systems, processes, tools, and workflows.
- Provide support to the development team to identify and solve inefficient content pipelines and identify possible solutions.
- Work on performance profiling and optimization. Identify, triage, and fix bugs as required.
- Must be self-directed and carry out requested tasks and produce work with a high level of quality with minimal oversight.
- 3+ years of experience developing for pipeline, tools, systems, and workflow enhancements in a character development support role with one shipped title.
- Experience in developing and implementing character dismemberment systems and character customization systems using the Unreal Engine.
- Thorough experience in the Unreal Engine and an understanding of its workflows, along with knowledge of using blueprint scripting to develop systems and tools.
- Strong understanding of the performance implications of tools and system development on consoles and PCs.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively balance the needs of game design, art, and programming.
- Creative problem-solving skills that lead to innovative solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Experience developing for Blueprints, Niagara, Cascade and Shaders in Unreal Engine 4
- Experience using Maya, zBrush, and Substance Designer or Painter
- Experience using the Unreal Engine and equivalent game engines, such as Frostbite, Unity, etc.
- Be able to work comfortably with common scripting languages (MEL script, Python, etc.)
- Samples, demonstrations, or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome development challenges